Friday, November 11, 2011

MARY QIAN









EDUCATION Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. BFA in Fine Arts and Illustration, August 1998 Artist Statement:I feel my art is like an open diary. It records my life, and the life around me.My paintings are my preferred way to explain myself to the world. They speak of the things I don't know how to put into words.Painting is a process and it connects me, my sitters and the viewers. It is a bridge between past and present.






I want to paint people, because people intrigue me, especially during the process of communication in silence. I hope viewers will feel what I felt in the moments of painting. See what inspired me!






AWARDS · 2011 Oil Painters of America Eastern Regional Silver Medal · 2011 American Impressionist Society Third Place · 2011 Figurative Merit Award Winner at Scottsdale Salon of Fine Art· 2010 Oil Painters of America Golden Medal · 2010 American Impressionist Society First Place · 2009 Dorothy Driehaus Mellin Fellowship Award· 2008-09 Art Renewal Center (ARC) International Salon. Finalist (Figure)· Salon International 2007 Best of show · Gold Medal Show in Palette and Chisel, Chicago in 2005, first place· Artist’s Magazine annual international art Competition 2004. First place (figure category) · Gold medal show in Palette and Chisel in 2004, Second place. · Artist’s Magazine annual international art Competition 2003. Finalist(figure category)· Helen Memorial Award in 2001 American Professional League Exhibition in New York City (Oil Painting)· 2nd Place in 2001 Utah Pastel Society Annual Show· First Place in 2000 Utah Bountiful Davis Art Center Statewide Competition· Merit Award in 2000 Utah Spring Salon, Springville Museum· 2nd Place in 1999 Utah State Fair – Professional Fine Art

No comments:

Post a Comment